Know the paths, the crossroads, the ups and downs of four thousand years of human history, and enrich the knowledge of them.
The main objectives of the doctoral degree study programme in ancient history are: to educate scholars in the field; to create a team dealing with the methodology of the field and cooperating in solving topical issues of ancient history; to encourage doctoral student publications; to provide regular meetings with foreign experts in the form of lectures, discussions, or consultations; and to create optimum conditions for complementing doctoral studies abroad.
A successful graduate is able to
- publish scientific papers and monographs independently
- consult Bachelor’s and Master’s theses
- lecture on selected topics in the university education
- contribute on a professional level to solving important issues of the field
- succeed in the international scholarly environment
Graduates can find work at scientific institutes, at universities and high schools, in public and state service, in museums and galleries, and in heritage protection.
Unfortunately no information about admission requirements is available.
The study of ancient history is part of the knowledge of an educated person.