Keys to the secret of museums and collections.
The follow-up Master’s study is mainly focused on the problem of theoretical museology. In individual courses, the knowledge taught in the Bachelor’s degree study programme is further developed. Increased attention is paid to several progressive trends and topical problems in present-day museology, particularly to the relationship to museum visitors (museum pedagogy, public relations, and the psychology of museum visitors) and museum presentation.
A successful graduate is able to
- demonstrate knowledge about the basic development of collection activities and museums and about topical trends in present-day museology, particularly in the field of museum exhibitions and museum pedagogy
- apply the theoretical knowledge obtained to practical museum activity
- independently plan and manage museum activity and master mainly museum exhibition work and museum visitor education
- demonstrate knowledge about other fields of cultural heritage protection
- work in cultural institutions in professional or management positions
- generate and advocate professional decisions and bear full responsibility for them
Web sites: http://www.phil.muni.cz/waom
Facebook: Centre of Museology and Unesco Chair of Museology and World Heritage
The aim of the follow-up Master’s study programme is to prepare university-educated experts who will be capable of applying the obtained theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of museum activity (knowledge of relevant legislation and internal museum documents, organization and management of museums, problems of acquiring, recording, documenting, and storing collections, presentational activity, and public relations) mainly in top positions and in positions of professional workers in institutions focused on cultural heritage protection (museums, institutes of monument care, methodical institutions in the field of museology, etc.). Graduates can also find employment in departments and divisions of state administration bodies and self-governing offices dealing with problems of cultural heritage and nature protection, and they also can work in the private sector (museums and galleries, auction houses, various foundations, etc.).
Unfortunately no information about admission requirements is available.
Field combinations with Museology
Study field data
|Faculty||Faculty of Arts|
|Type of study|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||Czech|