Mgr. Tomáš Hampejs, Ph.D.
- Personal Information
- Tomáš Hampejs, born on December 20, 1979 in Pilsen, Czech Republic
- Department for the Study of Religions
Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University
Arna Nováka 1, 602 00 Brno, Czech Republic
- Department for the Study of Religions
- PhD student
- Education and Academic Qualifications
- 2012 - present, Masaryk University, Faculty of Arts, Department for the Study of Religions, project: "Religion and pretence: cognitive convergencies of role-playing and religious belief"
- 2010 - 2012: Masaryk University, Faculty of Arts, master degree in study of religion, final thesis: "Towards paradigm of Social Implicit Cognition in the Cognitive Science of Religion" (in Czech)
- 2006 - 2010: Masaryk University, Faculty of Arts, bachelor degree in study of religion, final thesis: "The Shift of Perspective in Cognitive Science of Religion: From Body to Mind and Culture" (in Czech)
- 1999 - 2003: Charles University, Faculty of Arts, philosophy and history
- 2003 - 2012 Internet Projekt, a.s.,(programmer, solution analyst)
- Teaching Activities
- spring 2014, spring 2015, Imagination of Science of Religion: theory and methodology via role-playing
- spring 2014, Study Trip in Study of Religion, (main teacher Mgr. Aleš Chalupa, PhD)
- fall 2014/2013/2012, Introduction to the Religious studies, seminary teaching (main teacher Mgr. Aleš Chalupa, PhD)
- fall 2012, Cognitive Science of Religion, lectures-classes "Introduction to religious mental representations", "Transmission of religious representations"
- Scientific and Research Activities
- Conference and Workshop papers
- 2014: Workshop "Network Theory, Cognitive Science, and Historiography" (Masaryk University, Brno, CZ, 23-25 October 2014), grant proposal presentation "Generative Historiography of Ancient Mediterranean: Modeling and simulation of trasmission dynamics of religious thinking and behavoir"
- 2014: Central & Eeastern European Game Studies Conference (Brno,CZ, October 10-11), paper (with Martin Buchtík): "Designing a valid role-play simulation"
- 2014: Religions: fields of research, methods and perspectives International Krakow Study of Religions Symposium (Jaggelonian University, Krakow, PL, October 27-29), paper: "The situational construction of religious belief between mental representation, skill, affordance and behavior: the role-played pretended religion as a case for utilization of ecological approaches to cognition"
- 2013: Antropoweb 9th International Conference Of Antropology Students (Pilsen, CZ, October 17-18), paper: "Studying Between Religious Studies and Science of Religion" (in Czech)
- 2013: Religion, Migration and Mutation (European Association for the Study of Religions, Liverpool, GB, September 3 - 6), paper: "Belief as Implicit Attitude and Skill: Studying Religious Faith Stretched from the Transmission of Representations Towards Education of Attention"
- 2012: Institude of Jean Nicod, Workshop, "Sperber Week: Masterclass with Dan Sperber, 10. – 11.12, 2012", (Paris, FR, December 10-15)
- 2012: Towards a Symmetrical Approach: The Study of Religions After Postmodern and Postcolonial Criticism (Brno, CZ, November 29 - December 1), paper (with Vojtěch Kaše): "What humanities offer the science? Towards symmetrical approach in the cognitive science of religion"
- 2012: LEVYNA Conference "Homo Experimentalis" (Brno, CZ, October 25. – 27.), poster: “Christmas Agents Godfight in the Lab: Tapping to Contextual cultural immunizing factors in the epidemiological spread of contraintuitive representations"
- 2012: Antropoweb 8th International Conference Of Antropology Students (Pilsen, October 18 – 19), paper (with Martin Buchtík): "Role-playing as a research method" (in Czech)
- 2012: LEVYNA Workshop „Past, Present, and Future in the Scientific Study of Religion” (Brno, March 1-3), paper: „“Bringing meditation (back) to religion: why do we not study meditation as a ritual?””
- 2011: Aarhus Summer University, program: „Experimental Methods in the Study of Cognition and Culture” Aarhus, Denmark, August 1 - 24)
- University Activities
- 2014 - present: Member of the editorial board of Sacra (ISSN 1214-5351)
- 2014: Organization of Student Conference of Students of Religious studies, May 29.-31, Telč
- Activities Outside University
- 2014 - present, member of the International Association for the Cognitive Science of Religion
- 2013 - present, member of the Czech Association for the Study of Religions
- Major Publications
- HAMPEJS, Tomáš. Náboženství v laboratoři sociální implicitní kognice : víra v automatických reakcích jako implicitní postoj a dovednost. Sociální studia, Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2013, roč. 10, č. 2, s. 85-114. ISSN 1214-813X. URL info
- BUCHTÍK, Martin a Tomáš HAMPEJS. Role-playing jako živný roztok sociálna: experimentální metoda? Teorie vědy, Praha: Filozofický ústav AV ČR, 2013, roč. 35, č. 4, s. 525-549. ISSN 1210-0250. info