Habilitation and appointment procedure at the Faculty of Arts are made in compliance witharticles 71, 72, 73, and 74 of Act No. 111/1998 Coll., as amended, and with MU Directive No. 1/2016 Habilitation procedure and professor appointment procedure, which regulates the submission and requirements of proposals and the procedure for their consideration at Masaryk University.
The criteria for the habilitation procedure at the Faculty of Arts MU are established in accordance with the provisions of the Act and the Rector Directive.
Criteria for habilitation procedure
- Candidates must demonstrate at least three years of teaching experience as a university lecturer.
- The habilitation thesis must differ in content from the candidate’s doctoral dissertation.
- Candidate publications must meet the minimum requirements for the content and scope of publications in the same field in which the habilitation process takes placeor in a related field (failure to fulfil the criteria in the lower category of publications can be compensated for with a greater fulfilment in a higher category, not vice versa. For collective books, almanacs and journals, the candidate must always express their actual share of the work in percentages. Only the outcomes that were actually published are listed, i.e. excluding those not yet in print):
- One published monograph of at least150 pages (7.5 AA, ISBN). Every other published monograph is equivalent to5 original papers (articles and essays). A monograph is also considered to be equivalent to 3thematically related chapters with a total length of at least 3 AA in the collective monograph. If a scientific monograph is published in an internationally recognized publishing house, it can replace other scientific publications of international importance.
- 15 original scientific publications in scientific journals and reviewed anthologies, including at least 5scientific publications in a foreign language published by internationally significant media or publishing houses, according to the professional profile of the candidate.
- Other professional publications: university textbooks or instructional texts or 10 professional publications (including encyclopaedia and dictionary entries, professional and artistic translations, and reviews).
- Responses to publications: the number is specified by the optional requirement of the individual courses, as a rule there should be 15 (including 3 foreign) citations or reviews of the candidate’s publications.
- A list of scientific and educational grants in which the candidate was the main researcher or co-researcher.
- At least 2invited lectures at international fora and 5 invited lectures of national importance.
Candidates from other universities
A candidate from outside Masaryk University must be active in teaching at the Faculty of Arts MU for at least one semester or must participate in the research of a scientific project conducted at the Faculty of Arts MU.
Assessing international candidates for the title of associate professor
Within the habilitation procedure, there must be at least one foreign expert (professor or associate professor) who is a member of the habilitation board or the opponent of the habilitation thesis.